Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Time To Catch Up.....


Its been six months since former hip-hop group, TrackrunnerZ last performance.K!NG a former member has been in a mind state to be explained as abandoned. While his time away from music he has found himself as a solo artist, and facing obstacles of what to do. "Alone" rumored the first track off upcoming mixtape titled "FreshMAN Year", is a record that explains how he feels bout everything that has fore past. And also talks about just being left out by everyone, in which he places himself in a higher stature of skill level compared to other artist. "Feeling of success im closing in near, am i feeling anxious or is it just fear"- he says. K!NG sits in his backyard of a Green Valley home with his Von Dolce shades on and his notebook with a glass of Andre champagne, in house slippers. "Im at a comfortable point right now with FreshMAN Year in the works, and my clothing line Remedy Couture heading into baby steps, I couldn't be more happier. After the break of the group i had to really find my self as an artist. I basically locked myself away and re-invented myself completely as a man and musician. I felt like it was time to do so after turning 22 this past May. Alot of the motivation comes from my 2 sons and family". He smiles. Living in Denver,CO where the hip-hop scene awaits to emerge into the industry world K!NG is taking very precise steps with this project. "Honestly its been in the works since i picked up a pen" He say's.

The first song to drop off Mixtape was "Love Em All" a track speaking on his love for women and why, followed by "Above The World" a record with a heavy guitar and baseline he speaks on his status as a artist. K!NG having a very youthful face only standing 5'10 takes off his shades and explain why his music is so unusual and different. "When i hear a record i usually know what ill say before writing it, sometimes within the first 20sec of a track. I tend to write alot bout women"-he laughs. "Now I don't want people to think thats my only focus its just I can relate to them in any aspect and I love em all. Don't get me wrong I can make a hot record bout anything, I just believe u have to tend to your main consumer....Women". With "FreshMAN Year" approaching and planning to hit the streets and web late October, K!NG is at his most confined focus point and ready. "I just want people to accept me as i am, like i said in the beginning "its my name, not a statement".


No comments:

Post a Comment